Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I'll take that

I'm seeing my therapist later today after a two-week, 4th of July break. At our last meeting, she had been astonished that I had completely stopped binge eating after June 15th (when I stopped drinking).

She and I have been doing lots of work related to attachment/development trauma and she's a big fan of the internal family systems model (read: lots of inner children), so she and I both know that this is not some miracle cure ... but that at least for now, the binge eater has gone MIA. Or perhaps, as in her metaphor, the others have "locked her up."

It may be a little of both. The "dutiful daughter" (I can be great at compliance when externally motivated) has shown up as a result of perceived "threat" (said therapist was frustrated at my "extreme codependence" in avoiding rehab to be caretaker for an invalid pet).

Anyways, on the plus side, since DD has shown up, I'm now down 12 pounds. Since I've got a crapload more than that to go, I'll take it!

How did I do it? Following the guidelines of the Nutrition GPA app. Eat lots of veggies and fish, avocado, and legumes at least once a day. Avoid refined flour, fried foods, processed meat, excess sugar, and alcohol. Oh, and ice cream for dessert in the evening (that's for the kids 👧).

I used to be a weight loss blogger formerly. All of the years that I spent agonizing and arguing about carbs, fat, gluten, fasting, vegan, paleo, ad nauseum ... when it looks like this moderate approach (at least for me) might be a winner. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment