Friday, June 23, 2017

Hurt people hurt people

Heard this from the leader at last night's CR meeting:

Hurt people hurt people.

He also shared this which is oh so relevant to me right now:
Resentment is unexpressed anger.
On this note, I recently took the Enneagram. I want to keep in mind Cynthia Bourgeault's "love-hate relationship" with this tool and particularly her concern that people use it as another way "to get themselves further stuck in identification."

That said, I found this pretty interesting re type 9 and addiction:
Over-eating or under-eating due to lack of self-awareness and repressed anger. Lack of physical activity. Depressants and psychotropics, alcohol, marijuana, narcotics to deaden loneliness and anxiety.
Hmm. I suppose this could describe lots of folks. But it's pretty spot on for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment